Book an Appointment at Hatch
Hatch is excited to welcome makers back into the Makerspace. You will have the option to use our sewing machine, vinyl cutter, or laser cutter. If you are interested in 3D printing an original design, please use Hatch Curbside Pickup.
Please note that no materials will be made available for your projects so you must bring your own. To protect you and our staff, Hatch visits are by appointment only and limited to 1.5 hours. All visitors are required to adhere to the new Hatch Visitation Rules. Although Hatch staff will be available to help with questions, please be prepared to work independently.
Hatch will be cleaned thoroughly every morning and evening. Each work station will be cleaned between visits. If you have questions, please email Liz at email@example.com
Hatch Visitation Rules
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or may have been exposed, please do not visit Hatch
- You are limited to the work station you reserve, you may not switch between work stations
- Visits are limited to 1.5 hours
- No food or drink will be permitted
- You must wear a face covering at all times
- You must use hand sanitizer upon entering
- You must maintain a minimum 6-foot distance from other visitors and Hatch staff
- You must bring your own materials. No Hatch materials will be available except for those listed in the work station descriptions.
- Personal items must be put in designated areas at each work station. Please do not touch surfaces that are not related to your work station
- Confused? Watch this quick video.
Book Your Appointment
We book appointments up to one week in advance. View available times on the calendar below, then click the button to book your appointment online. You will receive a confirmation email when your request is approved.
Available Work Stations
Laser Cutter: To use the laser cutter, you must have a complete “Laser Cutter Card.” If you do not have one, you may use Hatch Curbside Pickup. Laser-able materials are limited to those covered in Laser Cutter 101. You will have access to the laser cutter and the laser cutter laptop. You will need to bring your PDF files on a USB drive or have online access to your files. If you plan to cut 1/8” plywood for your project, please use Hatch Curbside Pickup.
Vinyl Cutter: You will have access to the Silhouette Cameo 2, a pair of scissors, a roll of masking tape, and a Hatch laptop. We recommend bringing your own laptop with a USB port. You will need to bring your Silhouette Studio files and the materials you wish to cut. If you plan to use the vinyl cutter to cut sticker vinyl, please use Hatch Curbside Pickup.
Sewing Machine: You will have access to a sewing machine, thread, bobbins, one set of pins, a pair of scissors, a small ironing board, and an iron. You will need to bring your project materials and any tools you need to complete your project.