Children's Summer Reading
As the school year winds down, we know there’s a lot on your mind. That’s why Watertown Free Public Library is here to help keep your student on track with our annual Summer Reading Program.
Just like last year, we’re playing Bingo this summer! Bingo cards will be available beginning June 16 for all students entering grades K-5 in Fall 2020.
How To Participate
- Click here to open the K-5 bingo card and print it from home.
- Read 5 books that complete a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line on your Bingo card.
- Celebrate! Send an email to Emily to claim your prize: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep reading! Fill all of the Bingo squares for a cover all Bingo.
- Celebrate! Remember to claim another prize!
Every participant is eligible to win up to 2 prizes. Students have until September 9 to claim a prize.
Suggested Summer Reading Lists
Watertown Public Schools and Watertown Free Public Library have compiled suggested summer reading lists for students. Please remember these are suggestions only: children have different reading interests and abilities. Children’s Librarians are available to assist in helping you find a ‘just right’ book to enjoy.
Is your child younger than 5 years old? Check out 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.
Connect with Us!
We want to know what you’re reading this summer. Be sure to follow the Library on social media and tag us in your posts! We’re on Instagram (@watertownpublib), Facebook (@watertownfpl), and Twitter (@watertownpublib).
- “I read to connect with my friends, we are in a book club! @watertownfpl"
- “I read to connect with my Mom, she read this book when she was my age! @watertownpublib”
- “I read to connect with the world! @watertownpublib”
- “I read to connect to history. @watertownfpl”
Summer Events at the Library
Check our events calendar to find more details about our programming. Please note that this Summer 2020, many of our events are online.
COVID-19: If you cannot pick up a Bingo card, Bingo prizes, 1000 Books Before Kindergarten prizes and wish to participate, contact the Children’s Room and we will do our best to work something out. Visit Watertown’s COVID-19 Resource Guide for local information, resources, and assistance.
Imagine Your Story is sponsored by the Watertown Free Public Library, the Watertown Free Public Library Building Committee, the Charles Burke Fund, the Massachusetts Library System, the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, and the Boston Bruins.