COVID-19 Library Updates
WFPL Is Open With Limited In-Person Services
New Library Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 10 AM
- Monday - Thursday: 10 AM - 9 PM
- Friday: 10 AM - 7 PM
- Saturday: 9 AM - 5 PM
- Sunday: Closed
You are required to:
- Wear a mask properly at all times
- Remain at least 6 feet away from others
- Abide by any staff instructions regarding safety
You are able to:
- Browse and check out materials
- Ask librarians for help looking up titles
- Purchase books for sale in the café
- Use computers by appointment only
- Scan and fax (ask a librarian)
- Photocopy (ask a librarian)
- Use the Local History collection by appointment only
- Read or study in designated, socially-distanced seating areas
- Reserve study rooms
- Reserve the Watertown Savings Bank Meeting Room
You are not able to:
- Attend programs
- Play with toys
- Reserve the Lucia Mastrangelo Room or the Raya Stern Trustees Room
The Library is currently offering curbside pickup of books and materials. To learn how to place your order, visit watertownlib.org/pickup
Returns, Holds, and Fines
Returns: Items can be returned in the exterior drop boxes at the library, Town Hall, Hosmer Elementary, and at the Middle School. No items will be accepted in person by library staff. All returned items are quarantined for 24 hours before getting checked in.
Holds: If you have been notified that you have an item that is ready for you, you may schedule a time to pick it up with our curbside service.
Fines: As of July 1, WFPL has abolished library fines for overdue materials. All overdue fines for any item checked out at WFPL prior to July 1 will be removed from your account. All billed items and overdue fines from other libraries will remain on your account.
COVID-19 Resource Guide
Do you have health and safety questions? Do you need financial or housing assistance? We’ve created a new online resource, a "one-stop shop" to help answer all of your questions about the COVID-19 pandemic: watertownlib.org/covid19guide
Computers and Laptops
WFPL is now providing laptops and wifi internet hot spots for patrons to take home for two weeks at a time. Anyone with a Watertown or Minuteman library card may borrow a laptop or a hot spot. Learn more: watertownlib.org/laptops
We're excited to once again offer access to our public desktop computers inside the Library. Public computer appointments are limited to one hour per patron, per day. Sign up here: watertownlib.org/computers
Using Library Resources at Home
Don’t forget that you can access many free library resources and entertainment platforms from home. Check out the eLibrary highlights below or visit watertownlib.org/elibrary for a full list of our digital offerings.
*As a response to our temporary closure, and library closures around the country, we’re pleased to offer increased plays and checkouts for some of our most popular digital platforms.