COVID-19 Library Updates
WFPL Is Open for Browsing Only
We can’t wait to see you again, but using the Library will be very different. Here’s what to expect.
New Library Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 10 AM
- Monday - Thursday: 10 AM - 7 PM
- Friday: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday: 9 AM - 12 PM
- Sunday: Closed
You will be able to:
- Browse and check out materials
- Ask librarians for help looking up titles
- Purchase books for sale in the cafe
You will be required to:
- Wear a mask properly at all times
- Remain at least 6 feet away from others
- Wait in line outside if WFPL hits capacity
- Follow traffic flow signage inside
- Abide by any staff instructions regarding safety
You will not be able to:
- Use computers
- Scan, fax, photocopy
- Attend programs
- Use meeting rooms
- Use study rooms
- Use any space for studying, reading,
- socializing, or other activity
- Play with toys
- Use the local history collection
- Spend a prolonged period of time in the Library
The Library is currently offering curbside pickup of books and materials. To learn how to place your order, visit watertownlib.org/pickup
Returns, Holds, and Fines
Returns: Items can be returned in the exterior drop boxes at the library, Town Hall, Hosmer Elementary, and at the Middle School. No items will be accepted in person by library staff. All returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before getting checked in.
Holds: If you have been notified that you have an item that is ready for you, you may schedule a time to pick it up with our curbside service.
Fines: As of July 1, WFPL has abolished library fines for overdue materials. All overdue fines for any item checked out at WFPL prior to July 1 will be removed from your account. All billed items and overdue fines from other libraries will remain on your account.
COVID-19 Resource Guide
Do you have health and safety questions? Do you need financial or housing assistance? We’ve created a new online resource, a "one-stop shop" to help answer all of your questions about the COVID-19 pandemic: watertownlib.org/covid19guide
Using Library Resources at Home
Don’t forget that you can access many free library resources and entertainment platforms from home. Check out the eLibrary highlights below or visit watertownlib.org/elibrary for a full list of our digital offerings.
*As a response to our temporary closure, and library closures around the country, we’re pleased to offer increased plays and checkouts for some of our most popular digital platforms.