Coding / Web Design
Lynda.com is a digital learning platform with more than 5,000 self-paced courses in a wide variety of business, technology, and creative skills. The Watertown Free Public Library is happy to provide access to Lynda.com for Watertown residents.
This list of suggested courses on coding/web design, compiled by library staff, represents just a tiny sample of Lynda.com course content! For much more, follow the access link on our Lynda page and use your library card number and PIN to log in.
- Accessibility for Web Design (2 hours, 4 minutes)
- Creating a Responsive Web Experience (1 hour, 23 minutes)
- Interaction Design for the Web (1 hour, 44 minutes)
- Learning Git and GitHub (1 hour, 21 minutes)
- Programming Foundations: Fundamentals (4 hours, 47 minutes)
- UX Foundations: Content Strategy (1 hour, 24 minutes)
- Learning Path: Become a Front-End Web Developer (39 hours)
- Learning Path: Become a Web Designer (30 hours)
Not a Watertown resident? Try these sites for similar content:
- Hour of Code: over 100 hour-long tutorials built for students, but accessible to all
- Codecademy: used by over 25 million people to launch programming careers
- Free Code Camp: learn to code using open source tools while helping nonprofits build the websites and apps they need to solve real problems
- Khan Academy: computing courses on this well-known learning platform begin with the popular Intro to Programming