Do you want to stay up-to-date on the latest computer and technology offerings at WFPL? Sign up for our computers and technology distribution list! We'll send bimonthly class schedules, plus occasional updates about new computer and technology offerings, straight to your inbox.
Choose among the following categories for links to additional technology help and skill-building resources:
- Basics & Everyday Technology
- Microsoft Office
- Career Advancement
- Coding & Web Design
- Graphic Design & Photography
Computer Basics & Everyday Technology
- Suggested Lynda.com Courses - Self-paced video courses from the leading online learning platform, selected by library staff.
- DigitalLearn - Short (five to 25 minutes) tutorials on topics like Navigating a Website, Basic Search, and Introduction to Email.
- Learn My Way - A British site with interactive tutorials on computer basics, online safety, Internet skills and tools, job hunting, and even online banking. Free registration required.
- G Suite Learning Center - Tutorials from Google on its tools for business and education, including Gmail, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- GCF LearnFree - Lessons on a wide variety of topics, from Basic Skills (including mouse practice) to Internet and Buying Guides
- Lifewire - An extensive library of instruction (How To), troubleshooting (Fix), product reviews (Buy), and advice (Do More) for technology users.
- Techboomers - Guides to dozens of websites for entertainment, shopping, daily living, and communication, plus an Internet 101 track. Start with popular tutorials on Facebook, YouTube, and Uber, or visit the full course listing. Built for older adults, but useful for all.
- Suggested Lynda.com Courses on Microsoft Office - Self-paced video courses from the leading online learning platform, selected by library staff.
- GCF LearnFree - General tips, plus in-depth tutorials for versions dating back to Office 2000.
- In Pictures - Visual guides to Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word 2007, 2010, and 2013.
- Office Training Center - Microsoft’s own support site for Office products. Geared towards Office 365; search the site for other versions.
- Suggested Lynda.com Courses for Job Seekers/Career Changers - Self-paced video courses from the leading online learning platform, selected by library staff.
- Grow With Google - Online training for job seekers and others. Opportunities include G Suite certification and business skill-building via Primer.
- LinkedIn Basics from GCF LearnFree - Learn to set up and customize your LinkedIn profile, then use it for professional networking.
- Online Job Searching from DigitalLearn - Short (three to five minutes) tutorials on using career-building sites and searching online classifieds.
Coding & Web Design
- Suggested Lynda.com Courses on Coding/Web Design - Self-paced video courses from the leading online learning platform, selected by library staff.
- Codecademy - Used by over 25 million people to launch programming careers.
- Free Code Camp - Learn to code using open source tools while helping nonprofits build the websites and apps they need to solve real problems.
- Hour of Code - A collection of over 100 hour-long tutorials (built for students, but accessible to all) for the annual event.
- Khan Academy - Computing courses on this well-known learning platform begin with the popular Intro to Programming.
- Google Developers Training - Android and web developers will find information, online courses, and certification opportunities on Google's training site.
Graphic Design & Photography
- Suggested Lynda.com Courses on Graphic Design - Self-paced video courses from the leading online learning platform, selected by library staff.
- Suggested Lynda.com Courses on Photography - Self-paced video courses from the leading online learning platform, selected by library staff.
- Creative Cloud Help - Adobe’s own support site for Photoshop, Illustrator, and the other Creative Cloud programs.
- GCF LearnFree - Tutorials in digital photography, image editing, Photoshop basics, and graphic design principles.