While the Library is closed, the Teen Department is offering virtual programs via Zoom, online book groups, writing competitions and more. Visit the Library’s events calendar to see what’s coming up.
In addition, the Library has expanded our digital collection of ebooks, audiobooks, and movies. Don’t forget to browse the eLibrary, to learn about all the ways you can access library materials from home.
The Watertown Free Public Library Teen Room serves grades 6 through age 17. Use computers, do homework, socialize with your friends, or participate in our popular programs that include video games, crafts, reading initiatives, creative writing and more. Staff work with area educators to enhance a love of reading and success in school.
Patrons must follow the Code of Conduct. In addition, the library has policies regarding child safety and unaccompanied adults in the Children's and Teen Rooms.
Computers & Software
The Teen Room has 9 public desktops running Windows 7. Software includes:
- Adobe Reader
- DVD RW Drive
- Internet Explorer & Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access and InfoPath
- MS Magnifier
- Primo PDF
- Quicktime, VLC Media Player and Windows Media Player
- Type To Learn
- Winway Resume Deluxe
The Teen Room has 1 public iMac. Software includes:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Moho Animation Studio 12 (create your own animations and cartoons)
- Clip Studio Paint (create your own illustrations and comics)
- Gamemaker Studio 2 (make your own videogames)
- Gimp (image editor-has most of the features of Adobe Photoshop)
- Scribus (open source desktop publishing-an alternative to Adobe InDesign)
Teens may also check out laptops with their library card at the Main Circulation Desk.