Databases have up-to-date, accurate information about millions of topics. If you’re working on a paper for school, or are just interested in finding out cool facts, databases are a great place to start. You are required to enter your library card number for some databases.
- Gale in Context: Middle School - Designed for middle school students. Includes articles from magazines, newspapers, and reference books on topics in current events, health, government, sports, and more.
- Global Road Warrior - Provides research information for topics including global culture, travel, geography and national statistics.
- Hoopla - hoopla is an online service we’re offering for Watertown patrons that allows you to check out an awesome selection of full digital music albums, movies, and audio books for free. Use your library card and make an account today!
- Kanopy Kids - Offers carefully selected videos that include award-winning movies and TV series, classic films, and family-friendly documentaries. Look for developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings to help with selection; additional parental controls are also available.
- Gale in Context: Elementary - Geared towards K-5 students featuring developmentally a graphic interface, a subject-based topic tree search and full-text, age-appropriate, curriculum-related magazine and reference content.
- Novelist - An electronic readers’ advisory resource that assists fiction readers in finding new authors and titles.
- Sesame Street EBooks - This is a collection of Sesame Street EBooks for download to your digital device.
- TumbleBook Library - TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of TumbleBooks – animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love. TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you.