Teen Services Substitute Librarian
The Watertown Free Public Library Teen Department is in search of a librarian or librarian-in-training to join our team. This position is heavy on teen-focused customer service with most hours worked on the teen public service desk offering reader’s advisory, answering phones, and assisting teen patrons and their caregivers. The teen department is located in a discrete room on the first floor with a service desk staffed by one librarian. This position is best suited to someone comfortable working independently and confident making well-informed judgment calls.
Eligible candidates will:
- Have an MLS or be enrolled in an MLS program with coursework in reference services and YA literature completed
- Learn new hardware and software such as the Sierra ILS and MLN OPAC with ease and minimal hands-on training
- Have experience working with enthusiastic and boisterous teens in any environment (library, school, camp, etc.)
- Demonstrate a strong familiarity with and interest in Young Adult literature
- Have experience providing excellent customer service
We welcome library school students, new graduates, and experienced librarians for this position; it’s not necessary that you’ve worked in a public library before as long as you believe in and want to be a part of the important work that public libraries do. Previous experience working with teens is required and non-negotiable.
This is an on-call position, hours are given as needed. Most shifts are scheduled 2-4 weeks in advance with occasional short notice needs. The most frequently needed shifts are Saturdays from 9-5 and Sundays from 1-5. There are occasional needs for weekday shifts most often from 9 am-1 pm or 6 pm-9 pm.
Hourly Rate: $24.00
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and three references via email to Caitlin Browne, Assistant Library Director at email@example.com. Position is open until filled.