Teen Room Policies
Please Enjoy the Teen Department in These Ways:
- Visiting with Friends
- Working on school work
- Using the computers
- Talking with the librarians
- Getting library materials to take home
- Participating in a library program
To keep the library a welcoming place for all certain behaviors are not allowed.
Please consider these as examples. It is not a complete list. For complete information refer to the library policy “library conduct”.
- No Eating
- Only Covered Drinks
- No running, skipping, jumping, etc.
- No yelling or making other disruptive noises
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself
- Use furniture appropriately (don’t sit on tables or carrels or windowsills, only one person per chair, etc.)
- No bullying
- No swearing
- No harassing or annoying people intentionally
- No taking of pictures or videotaping of anyone without their permission
- No damaging of library material, equipment or furniture
- No skateboarding on library property
- Please put skateboards, basketballs, footballs or other such items either in cubbies or behind the staff desk
- No taking of library material without checking it out
- No blocking of hallways or entryways
- No entering of staff-only areas
- No using cell phones or other devices at a volume that bothers others; please use earphones at a reasonable level
- No illegal drugs, alcohol, or smoking or other illegal activity on library property
What Happens If You Don’t Behave Appropriately:
- You will be given a warning by a staff member to stop what you are doing
- If you continue to behave inappropriately, you may be asked to leave the building for the day. Library staff contact your parent or guardian or police if necessary
- If problem behavior is extreme and/or occurs regularly the matter is brought before the Library Board of Trustees who consider whether your use of the library should be suspended (this means you are legally kicked out) for a period of time (for a week or for up to a year).
If at any time you do not feel comfortable because of another patron please come to a library staff member for help!