Accessibility & Homebound Services
Watertown Free Public Library welcomes and serves all people.
Our building is fully accessible from both the front and back entrances, and an elevator provides access to our second floor.
We have a sizeable collection of large-type books, books on CD, music CDs, and captioned videos.
The library also has special equipment designed to assist the hearing and visually impaired:
To Assist the Hearing-impaired
- TTY/TDD (text telephone) - 617.600.1154
- Sonic Ear (amplifies sound for the listener) - available at the Reference Desk
To Assist those with Low Vision
- Hand-held magnifiers - available at the Reference Desk
- Portable Optelec - available at the Reference Desk
- Stationary Optelec Clearview + - available in the public computer area of the 2nd floor.
- 2 computers equipped with large keyboards and large, high-definition monitors
- Zoom-Text magnification and reading software.
- Jaws software on all public computers provides speech technology for blind patrons to access software applications and the Internet (courtesy of the Watertown Commission on Disability).
- Kurzweil 1000 software on one workstation. Printed material can be scanned and read aloud with a variety of natural-sounding voices.
Delivery Service for the Homebound
- We are pleased to offer a weekly delivery service of materials to the homebound. Please contact our Reference Desk at 617.972.6436 for information.