Project Literacy holds Tutor Trainings in the fall and spring. The training sessions take place weekly, from 6-9 PM. Interested volunteers should email Peggie Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Project Literacy section of the website to request a volunteer application.
The Spring 2014 training dates are:
- Session 1: Wednesday, March 5
- Session 2: Thursday, March 13 at the Watertown High School
- Session 3: Wednesday, March 19
- Session 4: Wednesday, March 26
- Session 5: Wednesday, April 2
Tutors may choose to work one-on-one, in small groups, or in Project Literacy's Thursday evening conversation group, "Let's Talk". You'll select the time and day to meet. A one-year commitment is required. Many tutors continue tutoring for several years.
As a training text we use PACE Yourself, A Handbook for ESL Tutors by Teresa S. Dalle and Laurel J. Young, available at this and other Minuteman libraries.