Supervisor of Technology and Information Management
The Watertown Free Public Library Technical Services Department is looking for a new Supervisor of Technology and Information Management to join our busy, high-tech library.
The WFPL serves the 32,000 residents of the Town of Watertown and is a member of the Minuteman Library Network. We are devoted to providing excellent service to all of our users and this extends to the technology we provide to our community. We offer a variety of cutting edge services including a digital media lab for teens, computer classes including Online Privacy and Security workshops, an off-site makerspace, circulating ereaders, tablets, and tech toys, and more. If you want to be a part of providing premier technology library services, then this job may be for you.
The Supervisor of Technology and Information Management oversees 3 fulltime staff members. The position is 37 hours per week with full benefits. A Friday evening and Saturday rotation is required. This is a union position.
Duties: The following is a sample of some of the job duties for this position. The Supervisor of Technology and Information Management is responsible for operations and maintenance of all library computer systems and equipment, recommends changes and updates to systems, coordinates technology training and documentation, coordinates database purchases, licensing, and associated activities, oversees acquisitions fund accounting, catalogs and classifies library materials, conducts performance appraisals of staff, occasionally works on public service desk and other work as necessary.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school or Information Technology
- Minimum two years experience in library or technology operations including supervisory and technical systems experience or any equivalent combination of education and/or training
- Experience with integrated library systems (Innovative Interfaces preferred)
- Experience with content management systems
- Thorough knowledge of Windows and Windows networking
- Thorough knowledge of cataloging and classification procedures
- Ability to direct and supervise the work of others
- Ability to train others in library policies and procedures
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Caitlin Browne, Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.