Children's Summer Reading Program
June 26 through August 19, 2017
Summer Reading Wrap Up Lawn Party August 19
All ages, no registration, starts at 10:15am
How to Participate
- Visit the library starting June 26 to pick up a special summer reading log to track your reading.
- Read! Mark off each day you read or are read to on your reading log. Try for 20 minutes per day!
- Check out our suggested summer reading book lists on this page.
- Visit the library throughout the summer to check out books and come to programs!
Our library is packed with fun programs all summer long! Please note: programs with age recommendations are tailored to the needs and interests of a specific age group for the benefit of the performers and the audience.
Mondays: Preschool Story Time & Special Events
Tuesdays: Toddler Story Time & Nursery Rhyme Time
Wednesdays: Dance Party
Thursdays: Tinker Workshop & Maker Lab
Fridays: Nursery Rhyme Time
Saturdays: Saturday Music Series
- View the children's calendar for program details
Suggested Summer Reading Lists in collaboration with Watertown Public Schools
Please feel free to read books from a list above or below the grade your child enters in the Fall.
You can take our collection with you! Find and download ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more for the whole family through our website!
Visit a museum this summer! If you are a Massachusetts resident, you can participate in the Watertown Free Public Library Museum Pass program! Museum Pass reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance, using a valid Minuteman library card in good standing. Check here to see a full listing of available passes.
Build a Better World is sponsored by the Watertown Free Public Library, the WFPL Building Committee, the Charles Burke Fund, the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, the Massachusetts Library System, and the Boston Bruins.