E-Tea: Drop in Tech Help
Watertown Free Public Library is pleased to offer our patrons drop in help sessions for basic computer skills and ereaders. These sessions are intended to familiarize patrons with common computer, internet, and ereader functions in order to achieve a greater level of digital literacy and independence in our community.
We can help you with:
- Basic computer skills
- Using eReaders, tablets, and smartphones
- Internet searching and email
- Word processing
- Spreadsheets and presentations
- Library resources
- Hoopla, Overdrive, Zinio, and more
Drop in help policies are as follows:
- This is a drop in session, and multiple people may show up. Please be patient and courteous.
- Priority will be given to first-time attendees.
- Patrons will be limited to no more than 3 sessions in any 6 month period.
- Library staff cannot be held responsible for damage to patron-owned equipment.
We are not able to:
- Run diagnostics
- Troubleshoot (unless it is related to library databases, OverDrive, etc.)
- Install software unrelated to library services
- Computer maintenance, such as running antivirus scans
- Cover advanced programs like Adobe Photoshop
- Anything outside the realm of basic computer, internet, and ereader instruction