Watertown Free Public Library is pleased to offer our patrons Technology Training Today (T3): one-on-one technology appointments with members of the library’s IT staff. These trainings are designed to help familiarize patrons with common computer and internet functions in order to foster a greater level of digital literacy in our community.
T3 appointments can cover any of the following topics:
- Basic computer skills
- Office productivity software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Internet searching
- Library resources
- Social media
- Usage of patron owned devices such as eReaders, tablets, and smartphones
T3 appointments policies are as follows:
- Appointments can be made for 30 minutes.
- Patrons can book follow-up appointments if needed.
- No more than three T3 appointments can be booked per patron in a 6 month period.
- Library staff cannot be held responsible for damage to patron-owned equipment.
T3 appointments can be booked by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us at least one week prior to when you’d like to request an appointment. When emailing, provide a brief but detailed description of your technology needs, your device and operating information, and three dates and times that you’d prefer to meet. We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
Due to limitations in staffing, there a number of computer issues that we are not equipped to assist with. At this time, we are not able to:
- Run diagnostics
- Troubleshoot (unless it is related to library databases, OverDrive, etc.)
- Install software unrelated to library services
- Computer maintenance, such as running antivirus scans
- Cover advanced programs like Adobe Photoshop
- Anything outside the realm of basic computer and internet instruction