The Adult Department is thrilled to announce a Summer Reading program for the grown-ups of Watertown. If you’ve got kids participating in the programs down in the Children’s or Teen Departments, why not challenge them to try to keep up with YOU this summer? No kids? No problem! Come read with us big kids upstairs!
Here’s how it works:
- Summer reading will run for 6 weeks, from June 23rd to August 2nd
- Each week will have a theme, and we challenge you to read a book that falls into that subject area.
- To help you out, we have printed color-coded bookmarks for each theme week, and each bookmark has a bibliography of suggested books. Those books are available on a large display in the library, but you may also feel free to read anything in that subject area that interests you – even if it’s not on our list!
- Once you read something for the theme, turn that bookmark over, tell us what you read, and what you thought of it, and turn the bookmark back in to us. (If you want a replacement, just ask!) We’ll tally up all of the reading and make a donation to the Watertown Food Pantry in the name of summer readers of Watertown! (generously funded by the Watertown Free Public Library Building Committee.)
- Each week, we’ll host a program related to the theme, as well as a book talk on Thursdays at 1 PM. At the book talk, we’ll present some info on some books in that subject area, and invite you to share something about the book you read, as well!
Please join us for a summer filled with reading adventures. We look forward to hearing about what you’ve read – and ending the summer with a donation to help feed those in need here in Watertown!
Books are available now!