Community Engagement Specialist
The Watertown Free Public Library is looking for a full time Community Engagement Specialist (CES) for our busy, mid-sized library serving a diverse community. The CES is responsible for creatively and effectively bringing the library’s message to that community through the website, social media, print and digital campaigns, and community connections. In addition to these duties the CES has limited but regularly scheduled shifts on the circulation desk a few times a month.
This job might be for you if:
- You’re tech savvy and understand digital content management systems and social media platforms. You are curious about new software and enjoy figuring out new systems.
- You are creative both artistically and analytically. You enjoy digital design and are trained to use standard graphic design software such as InDesign and Photoshop. You also enjoy creative problem solving and planning.
- You are comfortable working independently but know when to ask for help.
- You pay close attention to detail and do everything you can to make sure final products are accurate and error free.
- You know how to look for opportunities to expand the library’s message to underserved or unidentified populations in the community and you understand why it is important to do that.
- You can maintain strong working relationships with coworkers and community partners. You know how to get what you need from people with different personalities and work styles.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment. You can see your role as part of a larger organization. You are committed to excellence for the benefit of yourself and the people you work with.
- You believe in the mission of libraries. You like people. You want a job in public service.
To be considered for this job you must have a Bachelor’s Degree with preference given to candidates with a degree in graphic design, communications, marketing, or similar. We’re looking for someone with experience in marketing, public relations or professional social media management. Proficiency using InDesign and Photoshop or the equivalent is required. Someone who can demonstrate the ability to identify partnership opportunities and then create or help facilitate connections with local community organizations is highly desirable.
Before applying please read the complete job description.
This is a full time (37 hours) union position. Benefits include healthcare, retirement, paid holidays, and generous sick and vacation time. The work schedule includes a weekend shift every third week. The non-negotiable starting salary is $42,918 increasing to $51,290.97 in ten annual steps.
To apply please email cover letter, resume, and list of three references in one PDF file to Caitlin Browne, Assistant Director at email@example.com. If you currently or recently managed a website or social media accounts professionally, please include links in your cover letter. In a separate file please include no more than 3 samples of your design work. Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled with preference given to materials received on or before Friday, July 20.