Part Time Archivist (Temporary)
The Watertown Free Public Library is a busy, mid-sized library serving over 36,000 patrons a month. Nestled in the oldest part of our renovated building is the Local History Room, home to thousands of volumes of Watertown history. We are in search of a part-time archivist who will bring the Watertown past to life for current and future generations.
Under the supervision of the Head of Adult Services, the primary charge of the archivist is to organize and annotate the collection so that the rich history of Watertown is fully discoverable today, and remains accessible for generations to come.
This job is for you if:
- You love history, especially local history
- You have a knack for bringing histories alive for a contemporary audience
- You have knowledge of proper archival preservation practices, current archival descriptive practices and standards.
- You are independently motivated
- You are organized and efficient
- You find problem solving rewarding
- You enjoy “behind the scenes” work
- You want to work part time hours
To be considered for this job you have an MLS/MLIS with an academic concentration in archives or experience working in an archives or with archival materials.
View the full job description.
This part time, temporary (50 weeks) position is 15 hours a week with flexible scheduling. The hourly rate is $26.00 and does not include benefits. The preferred start date is Monday, July 16.
To apply for the position please email cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references as one PDF to Caitlin Browne, Assistant Director, at email@example.com. The position is open until filled with preference to applicants who submit completed materials by Wednesday, June 20. Because funding for this position lasts for one fiscal year (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019), recruitment will move quickly.